Sunday, May 30, 2010

We have fun


YouTube Video

...what most of our bus rides are like.


We had a 90s dance party when Purdue and Ga Tech were here. There were many great costumes, but the Oregon Trail quartet took the cake. They also brought a mattress outside while it was pouring rain and made everyone watch them "ford the river" with it.




We climbed another volcano today. The walk down is very steep at about a 45 degree slope. It's hard to walk down because the surface is tiny bits of rock and people actually end up sliding and running down.

YouTube Video




My shoe broke on the climb up. A quick sidenote: me ad Jeremy play a lot of blackjack in our spare time. So naturally we played through a deck on top of the volcano. If I won, I got his right shoe and he got my busted one for the walk down. If he won, I would have to wear the same shirt for a week.







I won.

Another group got in late last night. Please pray specifically that they would embrace the love of Christ and be open to be changed from the inside out. We've had 3 incredible groups come through already. It's tough to wave goodbye to people that you've become close with only after a week and immediately greet a fresh group the next day. It has been ultimately rewarding to see the Lord work in the lives of the people that come down. There is a level of vulnerability that seems to be unlocked in a sense. When people are taken out of their comfort zones and put in an unfamiliar place it is a welcoming atmosphere for God to
Change people. It's incredible to watch, and it's also been incredible seeing it in my own life.

I will be coming home in a week, for a week, for Jay Dillards wedding. I cannot wait to eat whatever American fast food is in the airport.

More to come
Joey


Location:Chinandega

No comments:

Post a Comment