Sunday, March 28, 2010

Preparing for Nicaragua

There have been many things lately that I've had to do to prepare to leave the country for several months.

My heart has been overwhelmed by the grace of our father. Godly perspective on my circumstances is such a beautiful thing that I'm forced to say it and describe it in a poetic tone. To simply say that God has been good to me doesn't do it. Rather, he's opened my heart to understand and appreciate hardships, dead ends, and moments of confusion to be monumental preparation for what's ahead; Nicaragua.

I do know that our "conforming to the image of His son..." (Rom 8:29), or sanctification, is a continuous process and we will never see the full effects of that until heaven, but the Lord in his grace and love has brought to fruition many things for me in the last several months.
The Lord has been preparing me for this trip long before I knew I would go, or even consider going. I usually say these things because I know they are true because they are biblical. Now I am able to say it with full confidence as I understand and have answers for so many "why Father ?" prayers that I have prayed over the last year.
It is biblical that our hardships are essential for our future placement and growth.
Perspective is key to understand and find joy in the midst of frustrating circumstances. This whole thing was never promised to be easy! But, He did promise us complete satisfaction. I pray for God to grant us biblical and Godly perspective in the tough times. There is joy and peace and contentment in all arenas of life, the good and the tough times. Ephesians 4:13 might be one of the most popular verses, but most of the time that it's quoted it's out of context. Read the two verses before you get to verse 13....
Paul says, " I know what it is to have plenty and I know what it is to have nothing... I will be content with both....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Biblical joy is not always jumping and clapping and smiles and high fives, but a solid rock foundation of truth of the gospel that holds strong when the world fails us and crumbles all around us. Whether we have plenty or none at all, our hope is not in this world! And being content in any if these scenarios is what the Lord desires for us. Pray for that enduring joy and satisfaction!


Thanks to those who already have spread the word around about financial help for my trip. Keep it up.

Love y'all.
Joey
www.amigosstore.org/joeymcginn.html










No comments:

Post a Comment