Sunday, March 7, 2010

Nicaragua '10

About 9 months ago, I was offered an opportunity to come to Nicaragua for the summer and work with the minstry, Amigos for Christ.  
I have prayed frequently that my decision of whether or not to spend the summer in Nicaragua would not be influenced by circumstances. There are many things that need to happen in the next 2 months for this trip to be possible and the thought of it all has at times become overwhelming.
It is by his grace that Ive been brought this far and that will continue to carry me. So my approach has not been how can it work if I do go, but does He want me to go? He does.  
There are many details such as what I will be doing specifically, the organization that I am going through, etc.... Which I'll write about soon. 
For now, the journey has started with confirmation. 
 
I am extremely excited for this opportunity and have been brought to my knees in pleading before the Lord for his desire for me to stay or to go. Through this, He has shown me much about himself and consequently much about myself as well. He has been preparing me for this trip over the last year.   

So please pray with me now that God would continue to open my heart to be prepared for this summer. There are still many things I know that God wants me to learn before I go that will equip me while I'm there.
More Soon. 

Joey
 

1 comment:

  1. I think this amazing. So glad you are going to blog about. Isn't it incredible the things that He gets to do through us when we are willing to allow Him? I will pray earnestly for you. I am excited about what all those opportunities you will encounter in His name!
    Love you,
    Tracy Guillorn

    ReplyDelete