Monday, November 28, 2011

El Chonco has water!

This photo was taken in the community of El Chonco the day after Thanksgiving. A community that has never had running water now does. 


We stood at the school in on Friday morning as we waiting to turn on the water fountain as a celebration.  Most of what was running through my mind was being there, 2 months ago, digging the trench for the pipe that went to this very water fountain.  I pictured all of the people that have come to help us with this project over the last 2 years.  Every inch of pipe was necessary to see water come out of that water fountain.  If you were here sweating and laboring with us this summer, take joy in that.  Children all over El Chonco took a bath this morning before school.  Wow.  I wish there was something more profound to say other than "El Chonco has running water".  I'll leave it at that. 


 Luis, our director of projects, turning on the water fountain at the school. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Joey!
    Blows my mind and tugs at my heart.
    Bernie Terrien

    ReplyDelete