Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"...ain't you goin' to Mexico soon?"

The day after my birthday I'll be headed down to Nicaragua for good. Most of you I won't see until September when I come home for our month of fundraising. For those who are coming down to visit and join in with what's going on, I'll be getting your musty beds ready.

I have been praying a very consistent prayer for the next year. I hope you'll join with me.
Colossians 3 has been on my mind and heart for the last year and encompasses what I have been praying for the American missionaries I'll be joining as well as the Nicaraguans we'll be working with. That "...the peace of Christ will rule in our hearts...." I could stop here and have enough to dwell on for the year but the passage goes on. It continues with "...let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom." I can't think of a better place to start. One thing the Lord has confirmed in my heart through the years is the simplicity of what he has called us to do. I often end seasons of life in confusion and evaluation and am often brought back to the simple truths that saved me. That is, He is Lord and He is the only thing that satisfies. So pray with me that we would start and end our days right there. His peace ruling in our hearts is where we need to be focused before any work is done. We are worshipers before we are workers. I pray that all of us find ourselves more often in the role of Mary, sitting at Jesus' feet, seeking our Savior for satisfaction and identity. His design will bring us back to his feet whether we are willing or not. He is jealous for our attention and His glory. Let us walk with Him and surrender our hearts and lives to the satisfaction and meaning that we were created for from the start. That "...His peace would rule in our hearts…", first and foremost. Once the creator has His right place in our hearts the passage goes on to say, "...whatever you do, do it with your whole heart as though you are working for the Lord, not for men."

Father, fill our cups with the endless love and satisfaction of You. That your peace will rule in our hearts in the morning and the evening so that all we do, we do with our whole hearts, working for You.

See y'all across the border.

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment